Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Workout Of Day!

Today I worked out lower body followed by stretching and foam rolling. I don't post my weight used because the intensity can change day to day depending on factors such as soreness, strength, energy. Your optimal weight can be found through the intensity of a  set. You want it to be pretty challenging on your last rep or  two. If you're new to  lifting, record your weight used until you can determine about how much you will need.
Workout  key: (sets x reps), superset is two workouts back to back before taking a short rest for water, active rest is an ab exercise or a plyometric exercise where you use your body weight only.
Weights:
1) single leg lying legs curls (4x12) ea leg
2) single leg leg extensions (4x12)  ea leg
3) smith machine squats (4x12)
4) superset: side (lateral) lunges + bench stepups  (4x12) ea leg
5) bench scorpionados (4x12) ea leg
6) cable kickbacks (4x12) ea leg *put your foot through the cable handle with the handle  placed in  the middle/arch of  your foot. Flex your toes towards your shin  for this exercise.
Cardio:
Treadmill Intervals (15mins) walk/sprint for 90sec/30sec.
Stretch/Foam Roll:
Stretched mainly focusing on lower body, foam rolled upper body.
Trying to get rid of tension creating pain in my neck and back.
That was all I did today as I am somewhat limited due to a kink in my neck that is limiting my exercises to an extent.


No comments:

Post a Comment