Monday, October 17, 2011

Do You Remember?

I got really busy yesterday and couldn't find the time to blog even though I wanted to share about my day! I went to church. The message was about "The Gospel" and it's importance. Here are my notes:
Someone who is constantly looking at the "drama of the reality of life" will be a better person. The first christians had their eyes open to the "drama of the reality of life" (the gospel) that set them on fire and changed their lives.
There won't be peace in the world if there is not first peace in man.
Has your face been dampened? Is the holy spirit burning in you today?
There are major preoccupations in our culture. Those being: appearance, entertainment, sports, careers, standards of living, self indulgment, narcacism. Don't give into complacency. Fight it!
If you lose love you are going to lose life. Or if you LEAVE love you will LOSE life!
Do you have an attitude of teachability/humbility, willingness to grow vs. being indecisive? Cease the opportunity and COMMIT to it! When you "remember", it is INTENTIONAL thinking. Remember: how far you have fallen, when you fell, when something happened that stopped your fire from burning. Remember: what it used to be like. Emotionally, it will start coming back! Remembering will set you up for repentence. It will change your mind!

This message could be for anyone who has strayed away from God. This happened to me recently. I was preoccupied with everything going on in my life. Things that most people would consider to be "the drama of the reality of life" when really it is not. The gospel is truly "the drama of the reality of life". I realized that I had been living without God close in my life for far too long. Plus, throughout my life I have realized that God is always there when I need him most. With every struggle I have been through and prayed for help He has been there. He has protected people in my life who are very close to me. For everything he has done and sacraficed for me I feel awful for straying away for so long! I am happy that I have reconnected and I am sure there are others who have been in or currently are in a situation like mine was. Maybe this is a time for you to remember when you fell, or why you fell, and how you can get back with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment