Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Why Just Wait?

I wonder if other people realize just how much time we spend our lives waiting. We wait at stoplights, in grocery store lines, at the bank, in the doctor's office, holds over the phone, and even our loved ones can keep us waiting! It is estimated that we spend 45-60 minutes each day waiting or a little over two weeks every year. Imagine all that waiting time accumalated over your lifetime!
I am very a.d.d. so i like to keep myself busy at all times. I prefer to be productive whenever possible. I have been waiting in a doctor's office for the past hour and a half today. I could choose to wait, perhaps people-watch a little, maybe stare at the wall, even play a game on my smart phone, or i could use my time productively!
Like right now I am writing this blog which is productive to me because I have made it a goal to write out my thoughts and get them on my blog and out of my head so I can sleep well at night.
There are many other productive things you can do while waiting to save yourself time later when you don't really have the time in the first place.
You could make a grocery list of healthy foods to buy, and if you're still waiting after that, you can make a meal plan for the week so you don't let any groceries go to waste. I know that if I don't plan my meals ahead of time, sometimes I risk wasting fresh and nutritious produce. It's a horrible feeling!
If you've already got that covered, you could make a to do list so that you are caught up with your priorities. It will relieve some stress by just knowing that you are completely organized for the day or even the week. You won't be wondering if you forgot something and it very well could save you time and money by being on top of your to do list!
If you haven't already created a list of your goals and aspirations while you're waiting, doing so is a great idea! You can even rehearse them over and over so you don't forget what should be most important to achieving success!
If you're like me and you've already made your lists but you're still waiting, you could read an educational book, maybe the bible if you prefer. You could even plan a special date or get together down to the very last details for you and a loved one. There are endless ideas! Do you have any? Or would you rather just wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment