Friday, October 14, 2011

Mind Over Body

Last night I stayed up late working on a poster project that I volunteered to complete for my work. (Chili's Grill & Bar) I like being creative and doing crafty projects! I had a lot going on yesterday so I put off starting the poster until around 2:30am. I am a libra and very indecisive at times, especially when I need to make thoughtful or tough decisions. So I finished the poster at 4:00am due to the time it took drawing out boxes of precise measurements. I was satisfied with the poster seeing as how tired I was while I was making it. I finally got to sleep at 4:30am and woke up four hours later to get ready for work. I brought the poster to my boss and he said something like, "Wow! I didn't expect you to do all this!" I was pleased to know my tired work got a wow!
I had one of my rare and not so better days at work since I didn't get my eight hours! When I got home I had time to talk with my boyfriend about my day and do some house chores, then it was time to go to the gym. The workout program I am currently on scheduled me for a rest day but I felt that I needed to do something, so I chose to do an hour of cardio. I started on the arc trainer and within the first four minutes I wanted to quit because I was so tired but I told myself I could do it and I knew I had to! I ended up burning 520 calories and going for 2.97 miles on a moderate resistance. Even with how exhausted my body was, my mind knew I could overcome it and push through a sweaty cardio session. I felt so good afterwards, knowing that I didn't let my exhausten beat my discipline for achieving my goals. However, if your sleep pattern is like this regularly I would recommend you getting plenty of rest before exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment