Friday, January 13, 2012

Fueling My Body!

January 12, 2012

Meal 1 (1230pm) *the usual*
1/3cup oats with 1/2cup blueberries & 1tbsp coarsely ground flaxseed & 2 fried eggs with 1tsp organic ketchup & 1 cup coffee

Meal 2 (4pm) *protein shake & fruit*
8oz 2% milk (normally I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk), 1scoop vanilla whey protein powder & 1 pear

Meal 3 (7pm) *protein pancakes*
3 small protein pancakes made with: egg whites, f.f. c.c., oat flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract, real p.b., vanilla whey, flaxseed (these upset my tummy, never has happened before).

Meal 4 (10pm) *spaghetti w/ meat sauce*
4 oz brown rice spaghetti noodles (gluten-free & easily digested) w/ lean ground beef, tomato paste, sliced jalapeno & 1/2 cup trader joe's spaghetti sauce (1/2cup = 4.5g fat, 8g carb, 5g sugar, 3g protein, 2g fiber) & sprinkle of grated parmesean cheese.

Snack (12pm) *ice cream cookie*
1 ice cream cookie (ashley horner recipe) It's 1 grahm cracker, split in half with a dollop of cool whip smashed between the crackers. Freeze for 15. Enjoy!

And lots of water.... of course! to help hydrate my body/muscles & rid it of any toxins.

What I observed... I think I ate too little and will pass on the p.b. in the protein pancakes next time because that was a first and I didn't feel to good after. So much that I passed on the gym (even with how bad I wanted to go)! I was so sad too :( Energy levels were super low and I had to listen to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment