Friday, February 24, 2012

Healthy Girl Mocha!

Some of my coworkers at one of my jobs like to make a coffee drink with packet or two of hot cocoa mix and 2oz half & half. I tried it and it was really good, just not good enough for being over 170 cals/4g fat/25g carbs/20g sugar! I obviously set out to make a healthier alternative, which has only 18 cals/1g fat/3g carbs/<2g sugar. Regular coffee tastes wonderful but sometimes it is nice to change it up. So here is my healthy girl mocha recipe (only four ingredients & four steps) that I think you will love if you use the same ingredients that I used. For best results, place the ingredients in a mug in the order they are listed.

Healthy Girl Mocha


Ingredients:
* 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (for baking)
* 2 stevia packets
* 8oz brewed coffee
* 2oz (4tbs) original almond milk 

Utensils:
* coffee maker
* 1 coffee mug
* measuring spoon
* 1 spoon (for stirring)

Directions:
1. Brew your favorite coffee.
2. Place the cocoa powder and stevia in the mug.
3. Pour the hot coffee in the mug, leaving room for the almond milk.
4. Stir well and then add the almond milk, stirring one final time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment