Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Jamie Eason Recipe!

This is my favorite healthy recipe and my favorite Jamie Eason protein recipe! I think it should be called pumpkin protein bread because that is exactly what it tastes like! I have made these bars many times and everytime I do, I offer them to friends and family and they love them! I think it is a great recipe for introducing the fact that healthy food doesn't have to taste bland and disgusting. It proves that healthy alternatives can be just as tasty & delicious as unhealthy options! So enough talking this recipe up since it definitely speaks for itself! Here you go!

Pumpkin Protein Bars


Ingredients:
* ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (May use regular brown sugar)
* 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce (I use regular unsweetened applesauce)
* 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
* ½ tsp. ground clove (I don't use)
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* ½ tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 4 large egg whites
* 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
* 2 C oat flour (You may buy or make your own with quality blender)
* 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
* ½ cup almond milk
* ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)

Utensils:
* 1 large mixing bowl
* 1 9x13 pyrex dish
* 1 mixing spoon
* measuring cups
* measuring spoons
* cookie cooling rack
* tupperware or plastice wrap (for storing)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
5. Makes 24 squares- cut slowly with sharp knife and place squares on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes before packaging/storing.
6. (If you plan on storing longer than 2 days, I suggest storing in the fridge).

No comments:

Post a Comment