Sunday, November 6, 2011

Not Eating Enough!

I have noticed that not only am I not eating enough food, but I am not eating as frequently as I should either. Most people don't think about timing their meals but anyone who is passionate about health or fitness knows that this is a very important thing to be aware of if you are trying to build or maintain muscle. It is also very important for keeping your metabolism constantly going!
For a health and fitness lover like myself, I have to admit that I am disappointed in myself for poor planning. I know that every single day can't always be perfect but if you aren't disciplined enough, missing one day or week could lead you to miss another. By the time you realize it, a few weeks of improper meal/workout planning have come and gone! And so has your muscle mass! That's why it's always good to be aware of what you are doing or aren't doing to achieve your goals.
I haven't been eating enough for the past week. Tomorrow I am going to change that! I am going to eat at least 5 small meals every 2 1/2-3 hours) I will dedicate as much time in the kitchen as I need, to prepare fresh veggies, cooked marinated chicken breasts, homemade protein bars, etc.
It may sound like a lot of work, but once you have everything going it's actually a stress reliever and more like fun than a task. The following week will be super easy and you know you won't miss a meal!

*POOR PLANNING FOOD LOG* 11-05-11

Meal 1 (12pm) *the usual*
1/3cup oats with 1/2cup blueberries & 1tbsp coarsely ground flaxseed & 2 fried eggs with 1tsp organic ketchup

Meal 2 (415pm) *lean ground beef tacos*
3 mini corn tortillas, lean ground beef, homemade pico, sprinkle of cheese

Meal 3 (830pm) *protein shake*
1cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1scoop vanilla whey protein powder

Meal 4 (11pm) *carrots & celery w/hummus*
7 carrot sticks, 7 celery sticks, 1/4cup tomato basil hummus

Even though most of these meals are pretty healthy, I ended up feeling sick by the end of the day because I am not getting enough of my macro-nutrients. (protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats). Also, eating small meals more often speeds the metabolism which actually keeps you thinner! So girls, don't starve yourselves!!! Eat as many veggies and lean sources of protein as you'd like, just be sure to monitor your timing and intake with whole grains, starches, and fruits!
I will be setting a mini goal to remember to prepare and eat food in a timely bodybuilding manner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment