Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cottage Cheese Mix!

To all of you who think cottage cheese is absolutely disgusting. The look of it, the texture, the taste. You are not alone. I once had the same feelings about cottage cheese. I was told about the benefits and tried forcing myself to eat it multiple times. I would eat it as fast as I possibly could just to get it over with.

People told me to add pineapple or peaches to it and I thought that sounded absolutely disgusting and weird. I finally tried 100% juice canned peaches (minus the juice) and I was pleasently surprised! The peaches took of the flavor of the cottage cheese. I have come to realize after a few more experiments that cottage cheese is kind of like tofu. It takes on the flavor of whatever you add to it. If you add a stronger texture to it, the cottage cheese texture kind of disappears or becomes unnoticable.

I recently tried cottage cheese with diced apples and absolutely loved it! I added some walnuts and it become one of my new favorite snacks/meals! It's quick, easy, cheap, and tastes good too! If you are like I once was towards cottage cheese, please give this a try! You might be as surprised as I was!
*Tip: Do not ever buy kraft brand cottage cheese, you will want to spit it out and possibly get sick to your stomach. Also, don't buy fat-free, get low fat instead. Fat-free contains more sugars to compensate for flavor.

Cottage Cheese Mix

Ingredients:
* 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
* 1 baby apple (diced small)
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Utensils:
* measuring cups
* 1 small bowl
* 1 spoon

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!

*Try adding different fruits like: sliced strawberries, diced mango, sliced banana, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, etc. (Fresh fruit is best. More nutrients and better texture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment