Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles!

I am a very big fan of the $0.99 La Michoacana fruit ice cream bars! Unfortunately they contain around 290 calories and about 26 grams of sugar per bar... This is not good for dieting efforts! I set out to make a delicious and of course "healthy" popsicle to cool me down and satisfy my sweet tooth in the summertime heat. These are super easy to make and contain way less calories, fat, sugars than other ice cream bars, plus, they have way more protein! I will be adding a bunch of new popsicle recipes this summer but this was the second popsicle I created and it's absolutely delicious!
This recipe makes about 6 popsicles. If you don't have the popsicle molds, want less calories, or have some leftover mixture you can put them in ice cube trays too! I used rubber molded ice cube trays and they worked out great! You can also put excess into a tupperware container in the fridge and eat it cold as a pudding-type dessert!
*Bed Bath & Beyond has a great selection of molds! I bought a 4-pack of pushup style ones for $4.99*

Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* 1/2 pkg sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding mix
* 1 cup fat free cool whip (thawed)
* 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
* 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
* 1 cup frozen strawberries

Utensils:
* 1 blender (I used hamilton beach personal size)
* measuring cups
* popsicle molds/ice cube trays

Directions:
1. Blend first 2 ingredients for about 5-10seconds. Add remaining ingredients and pulse blend until smooth.
2. Pour into molds. Freeze about 2-5 hours (depending on the coldness of your freezer.
3. Run molds under warm water for a few seconds prior to serving. Enjoy!

Nutritional Information: (entire batch)
Cals= 540
Fat= 20
Carbs= 66
Sugars= 33
Protein= 24.5

*Divide those numbers by 6 or however many bars you make to find out serving size info.
*I used Trader Joe's House Whip for my second time making these and it is organic made with Stevia sweeteners. Tastes super creamy and natural. $1.99 per container!

No comments:

Post a Comment