Friday, May 25, 2012

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

For the past 2 years I have had pain in my wrist, hands, fingers, and sometimes leading into my forearm. It has progressively gotten worse overtime and especially increased since I started doing pullups, chinups, and upping my sets of exercises. I never knew what it was, I would just complain to my boyfriend all the time of my hands hurting EVERY DAY! I researched arthritis, thinking it was premature. I talked to a very intelligent personal trainer at my gym and he suggested that it could possibly be carpal tunnel. I researched it last night and every single symptom I have. I guess you can get it at any age. I am a server and started in September. I carry a lot of heavy stuff that normally the girls have the guys do. I carry crates filled with glass mugs, fill ice with huge buckets, carry tons of dishes (more than I probably should at a time) and for awhile I wasn't thinking and favoring my wrists. I am not a lazy person, I am a hard worker so I never thought about the damages it could do to my body. On top of all this, lifting weights on a daily basis and doing a lot of push/pull exercises.

Now that I know I have what I hope is in the early stages of carpal tunnel I am getting wrist splints today and also starting these exercises to prevent further damage and hopefully strengthen. I am also going to pray for healing.

I wrote this blog to inform others who may not have know, like me, and hopefully to get more helpful insight from others who may know about it a little more. I am typing this on my phone and my wrists and right arm are tingling and numb right now. I better stop! But if you are religious, please pray for me! If you know more, please inform me!
I want to be a fitness model and I don't and won't let this stop me if it doesn't have to!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you! This won't stop you from reaching your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lindsay! I know your prayers will help a lot! Good luck to you and your lifting! I know that if your husband could fight his huge battle then I can overcome this with proper care and prayer!

    ReplyDelete